To empower kids to be creative and think for themselves by connecting them with tools and tradespeople who use them. To get industry actively involved and engaged with the education of our kids. To change the perception of what it means to work with your hands. To provide a more purpose-filled and happy life.
Apprenticeships and Internships
Provides self-sponsored training in rigging, welding, steel erection, as well
as leadership, foreman, and superintendent instruction. This program offers earn-while-youlearn training as well as benefits for apprentices and existing ironworkers.
• SteelFab, Inc.
Runs a summer internship program for high school students paying $16 to work
and learn about steel fabrication.
Provides internships that include on-the-job training, coaching, and mentorship
from in the skilled trades with the goal of full-time employment. if you have individuals 18-24 that
want to get into the industry or are an employer who wants to provide internships, contact
Whitney Higgins, Manager of Programs & Partnership, True Foundation – Builders Bridge, cell
Put Tools in Schools
Planning trades career events for next year, if you want to participate, send your contact information to
Ray Terry email@example.com.
She Built This City
First all-female electrician pre-apprenticeship training cohort graduated the end of May; two have
apprenticeships this fall, three are ready to pursue careers as electricians. If anyone has a job
opportunity for these candidates, please contact Valerie Mulcare, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craft & Trade Academy
The Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Experience (PACE) is actively enrolling, starts June 20. It’s an
intensive two-week training followed by 10 weeks of on-the-job experience. These are paid internships
at $14 hour with goal that the PACE trainee will be offered employment at the end.
Goodwill Construction Skills Training Center
• Their fourth paid Renewable Energy and Efficiency Workforce (RENEW) Training Program
kicked off May 31. Grant in partnership with Goodwill’s Construction Program is offering an
incredible, FREE opportunity.
• In need of employer engagement in areas – such as their quarterly hiring events (the next one if
July 20). 8 – 10 employers needed. Contact Matt Robson, Matt.Robson@goodwillsp.org.
NCWorks Career Center & Charlotte Works
• Subsidized pre-employment program (Adult Work Experience) provides a company 480 hours
of paid wages for providing an eligible trainee with Adult Work Experience, with the goal of the
employer hiring them on upon completion.
• On-the-Job Training grant reimburses an employer for up to 50% of an eligible new hire’s wages
for up to 6 months. Can be utilized separately or in conjunction with and Adult Work Experience
trainee who gets hired on. Contact Terrell Roberts, Terrell.Roberts@equusworks.com.
• With the UpSkill Charlotte employee training grant, companies can address skills gaps and
training needs for their current workforce. Contact Chris Miller, email@example.com.
Local Union 379 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
• CETI/JATC electrical training program encompasses 900 classroom hours over five years of
study, training and examinations; and 8,000 hours of paid on-the-job training.
• Here’s a link to the program https://vimeo.com/ncmediaservices/review/710396309/56f9ce09f7
• Contact Scott Thrower, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlotte Area Fund
• Accepts clients below 200% of the Federal Poverty guidelines. Provide job-readiness and tradebased career training.
• Looking for employers to hire their clients, they provide a stipend of $15/hr through training.
• Contact Angela Grier email@example.com or Terry Howard terryh@